We stand by our products. That is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our products*
*T&C apply, read full T&C for info
When will my order ship?Needle minder - 1 to 10 business daysFabrics - 1 to 15 business days
Floss Skeins - 1 to 15 business days (longer if large qty of floss ordered, if your order is urgent please contact us to check stock levels).
Kits - 1 to 15 business daysReady to Ship Kits - 1-5 business days
RAK - 1-5 business days
Where a combination of the above items is included, please go off the item with the longest shipping time frame. During busy periods or where there are public holidays, this may cause some delays to dispatch.
How long will it take for my order to reach me? An average of up to five business days within Australia, and ten business days internationally.
Who is responsible for watching the tracking? The customer is responsible for watching the progress of their tracking number and reporting if the tracking is outside of the delivery window, or appears to have stopped moving and being scanned. Unconventional X Stitch does not monitor tracking, and we have a limited window to be able to report packages as lost. Once this window closes we are unable to launch any investigation or claim a lost package.
Does my order have tracking and insurance? All orders have insurance and tracking.
Will I have import taxes? This is dependent on your country's import laws. Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for any import tax duties or otherwise applicable to your shipments. Please do not ask us to falsify documentation, as it may offend when we refuse.
If you don't pay your import taxes and duties, or claim your shipment and the shipment is returned to us, then unfortunately, you will be liable for the cost of any fines, shipping costs and any other expenses that arise due to failure to pay duties or collect. You will not be covered under our returns policy, as this is classified as a Unauthorised Return. You also accept that in some instances, failure to pay taxes/duties may result in the shipment being destroyed rather than returned, in which case you will be asked to pay any fines/costs associated with this.
What happens if my items arrive damaged? Please ensure that you make us aware within 24hrs of delivery that your shipment has arrived damaged. Keep all packaging and products, as these may be required in order to effect any claims, and take photos. You may also be required to present to a postal outlet in order to lodge a formal damages claim. If you do not retain any part of the shipment, and do not present to a postal outlet where required, then we will not be able to assist you in any claims made for damages. An investigation will be required for items that arrive damaged. Once items damaged in transit have been investigated, Australia Post will approve the claim and we will be able to refund to you the value of your order only for damaged parts of the order, or where the entire order is damaged, a full refund will be issued.
I'd like to change my order
We do not accept changes to orders once they are made.
I'd like to cancel my order (it has not shipped)
All cancellation applications will be strictly at our discretion. Where we elect to accept a cancellation:
- Any cancellation that we elect to accept, will require the customer to have an account with us, in order to effect a store-credit.
- Standard In Stock Items: cancelation before your order begins preparations will result in a store-credit minus any non-refundable fees and charges incurred by us from the payment provider (eg: PayPal).
- Cancellations after the preparations process has begun will result in a store-credit minus any non-refundable fees and charges incurred by us from the payment provider, as well as a restocking fee of 10% of item value to cover our time and a charge for any postage supplies and items we cannot reuse (eg: envelopes with labels already attached etc).
- Customised Items: May not be cancelled at any time, once the order is made, you make the commitment to the custom product(s).
- Digital Items: Under no circumstances do we refund digital products.
Free gifts will vary depending on availability of stock at the time.
Free gifts are not included during any sale events.
We will pack as many kits as possible per box (this is really important as it helps keep shipping prices low and our carbon footprint small).
Returns Policy on Physical Products (after receipt of item(s))
Period to return: Up to 30 days after date of delivery
Condition of goods: must be unused and as new in original packaging
Shipping: No refund on shipping charges is available. Returned package must be sent with tracking/insurance and tracking number provided to us. Cost of return is at buyers expense.
When to expect your Store-credit: Within one week of either receiving the returned package or in the case of incorrect/defective product where no return is required, within one week of receiving photographic evidence. Store-credit can only be applied to account holders, an account with us will be required in order to effect the store-credit.
Exclusions: customised products
Entitlements for change of mind & 100% satisfaction guarantee on the physical product: You will be entitled to a store-credit of the value of the product only, minus any non-refundable fees and charges we incur, minus any items we cannot reuse such as packaging/shipping supplies that is returned. Your store-credit will be good for a period of six months. No store credit will be given for postage to you, and no compensation or contribution will be made for the cost of shipping back to us. You must be able to provide proof of postage to qualify which includes tracking and insurance. Store credit will be given to you once the product is received. If the product you return is damaged and not in as new condition or original packaging that was sent to you, then any entitlement to refund is void.
Entitlements for incorrect item sent or a defective product: You will be entitled to a refund or replacement for the cost of shipping to you where there was only a single item ordered and the entire singular item was defective. Where only part of a single item is defective or incorrect, only that part will be refunded or replaced with no entitlement to shipping refund. Only refund or replacement will be entitled to the items or parts that are defective or incorrect. Where there are multiple items to the shipment, a refund on shipping will not be entitled. At our discretion, you will receive in relation to the incorrect and/or defective product(s), a refund on the value of the product OR a replacement will be sent at no cost to yourself. Photographic evidence will be requested to process your claim.
Entitlements for items damaged by shipping provider: Please check out shipping information & T&C for where items are damaged/lost by the carrier.
Return without Approved Returns Claim: An unauthorised return is where a customer for any reason has an order returned without having first lodged and been authorised to return the order. This can include, but is not limited to failure to pay duties taxes, failure to collect from customs, fails to collect from postal outlet. You will be liable for the cost of any fines, shipping costs and any other expenses that arise when a return is not authorised. You will not be covered under our returns policy / satisfaction guarantees as it does not meet the requirements. You accept that in some instances, failure to pay taxes/duties or attempting to return without contacting us to make arrangements and check entitlements first, may result in the shipment being destroyed rather than returned, in which case you will be asked to pay any fines/costs associated with this and no store-credit/refund etc will be entitled. Where the shipment is returned in as new condition, a restock fee of 10% of product value will be deducted, in addition to the fees/charges incurred in the process of accepting payment (eg PayPal fees charged to accept the payment), as well as any shipping supplies that cannot be reused. The remaining balance will be provided as a store-credit. The 10% restock fee covers our time and expense or accepting the return and restocking. Where the return is damaged/tampered with, an assessment will be made on if it is still sailable and the value adjusted to reflect it's condition. No store-credit will be available as our insurance only covers sending the product to it's original destination. The damaged goods will be destroyed as they will be classified as unsalable. If the return is a custom item, no financial compensation will be available to you. If you elect to have the shipment sent to you again, a second shipping fee will be payable by you before the shipment can be sent again. As we subsidise the shipping fees on our website, please also be aware that the second shipment fee will not qualify for the subsidies and will be more than our advertised rates. Any store-credit applicable will require you to have an account with us.
How to lodge your return: If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return BEFORE shipping it back. We will respond quickly with instructions on how to return items from your order. Failure to lodge a return first will be classified as a forced return.
Who pays return shipping? The buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.
My Order Was Stolen
It is not recommended that authority to leave without signature is used, though can be at the customer discretion. Where a customer authorises their order to be left without a signature, all insurances are voided as the customer accepts the risks associated.
If your order was marked as delivered, but you did not receive your order, you may be required to file a Police Report in the event that your order is deemed stolen, and provide this report to us as evidence. This is for insurance purposes, in order to make a claim and have an investigation conducted.
Digital Product T&C
- Purchase is final, no refunds, store credit, or exchanges are available for digital products.
- Our digital products do not come under the satisfaction guarantee as we offer a selection of free patterns, so you may 'try before you buy.'
- Purchase is for access to the digital product and/or products. If you do not access your files, this does not entitle you to a refund.
- Patterns are not for resale or replication. You are permitted to make a working copy of the design for personal use only. Distribution, sharing, or sale of your downloads is prohibited.
- The pattern is not to be used for commercial finished product production. Please contact us if you wish to sell your finished products.
- Please ensure you download your files at the time of purchase.
- If you checked out as a GUEST, ensure you retain your e-mail that connects you to your downloads. Customers accept the risks associated with checking out as a guest, as no access to your downloads will be possible without your email.
- Please ensure you check-over your pattern(s) and ensure compatibility with your devices promptly after purchase and report any errors or issues within 24hrs of purchase.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure they provide an accurate email address, as well as ensure that our emails can get through to your mail box. Failure to do so, may result in being unable to get emails through to you, and also mean we are unable to verify your identity for any communications received in regards to your purchase.
- We only accept communications from the owner of the purchase, we will require your invoice number, the name used to purchase, and the email used to purchase the design in order to discuss your transactions. We will not use any email other than the one entered at time of purchase.
- Cases of purchasing the same pattern twice will be eligible for a store-credit at the discretion of Unconventional X Stitch. If a store-credit is awarded, it will be less fees and charges.
- In the rare event that a pattern is found to be faulty, a replacement pattern shall be provided in the same form it was originally delivered (PDF will be replaced with PDF, physical replaced with physical). Where a pattern is no longer in print, or cannot be replaced, and the pattern is deemed unusable, a store credit will be offered as way of compensation.
- Unconventional X Stitch is not responsible for file storage or file loss. It is the responsibility of the customer to download and safely store or backup their files.
- Download your files immediately after purchase. In events such as, but not limited to, retirement/discontinued, these designs will be permanently removed from the server and you will no longer be able to download these files. Pattern files are subject to change/deletion without notice.
*Digital Download Returns Policy
100% satisfaction guarantee coverage for patterns: Digital downloads are unique, in that once you purchase, you cannot return a downloadable product. It is with you forever. For this reason, we cannot offer a refund on a digital download.
Please take advantage of one of our free patterns to get a feel for our pattern layout and format before committing to financial investment in our digital download patterns.
Australian Consumer Law applies to goods sold on this website. This does not exclude those laws.