Unconventional X Stitch is based in Australia, offering our wares to a global marketplace, and has been in the cross stitch industry since 2007.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes that may occur from time to time.
What do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Billing and shipping address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Examples of when this information is collected includes but is not limited to for example when you place an order, set up a user account, or sign up for a newsletter.
What do we do with the information we gather and why do we need it in the first place?
We require this information to provide you with the best service and complete your orders, which includes but isn't limited to:
- Processing your order and taking payment
- Creating custom orders
- Internal record keeping and legal tax requirements
- Court orders & disputes
- Sending you cart specific offers or other marketing material for UXS
- As required for the purpose of UXSs legitimate interests, if those interests are not overridden by your rights or interests such as providing and improving my services. UXS uses your information to provide the services you requested and in UXS legitimate interest to improve the service.
Security & Time information is retained
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
Information will be retained in case it is required in the future (for example you decide you would like to re-order a product you bought previously, we can easily recall that in the orders list and get it made for you faster). If you do not want this information retained please contact us to have it removed, or in the case of an account you can delete your account. Please note however, that order information is required to be retained for up to five years for taxation purposes in Australia. Because of the nature of cross stitch, we do not delete order information as we have found in the past that customs from up to ten years ago contact us in regards to patterns they've had and used back then and still wish to access their files.
A cookie is a file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
A cookie does not provide access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies though most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser setting to decline cookies if you want and you can also clear cookies through your browser settings.
Other websites & Third Parties
The UXS website may contain links to other websites of importance (for example Etsy). However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we don't have any control over that website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please review that websites privacy policies.
Data aggregation, analytics and account creation
We may analyse your browsing behavior to create profiles about your personal preferences and behaviors. We may then use such information for the purposes described below;
Behavioural advertising and cross platform targeting
(a) Served by us
We may use your information (including profile data) to serve you with advertising, which is relevant to you, on our websites and the websites of third parties.
(b) Served by third parties on our websites
(c) Served by third parties on third party websites
We may provide your personal information (including profile data) to third parties who may then use it in combination with personal information that they have collected from you to serve you with relevant advertising on third party websites.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to Unconventional X Stitch using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us (you can use the form below to do so as well)
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us ASAP so we may rectify this.
We here at UXS don't like heavy marketing tactics. We prefer a more organic approach. Most of our advertising we like to do through our Facebook groups/pages and on the website itself.
Transfer of information outside of the EU
As UXS is located internationally from the EU, it is a requirement that information be moved outside of EU borders. While all BigCommerce servers are located in the US, they are participants in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Australia itself is governed by the Australian Privacy Act 1988.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
Please use the contact form below.